Sunday, March 27, 2011

Final Grade: B-/C+

Must say, I'm disappointed.  My first listen through, I thought this was fire, but then again, I was at the gym and Radical was just background for the most part.  I really dig Tyler, the Creator, Earl Sweatshirt, and Wolf Haley's flow/swag, but the others were just kind of average.  OFWGKTA's raps are hard as fuck, and that's awesome, but the overuse of the word f****t and all of the rape imagery is a bit much.  Granted, it's all part of a persona, but still, I'm not comfortable with listenin to raps about chokin a bitch up and then leaving her in the trunk of the car - not exactly my style.  Some of the songs were definitely good and got me groovin, but collectively as an album, it was a bit lackluster.  I'm definitely going to check out my favorite members' solo stuff, they left me curious.  Pretty much, I went in with high hopes and was disappointed.  Til next time OFWGKTA...

No comments:

Post a Comment