Monday, April 25, 2011

Final Grade: B+

  I must say, after listening to this album start to finish, I liked it a lot more than I did as individual songs.  Definitely a collection that needs a couple listens to really soak in.  Those harmonies - oooooweee!!  So fucking good, Mr. Phonte, so good.  And these beats are really on point, Nicolay, just my kind of electronic.  I really want to give this an A- because this album kind of kicks some ass... until the last 3 songs or so.  The front/middle are really, really good - I was gettin down with all of the grooves, meters, lyrics - but towards the end, it kind of trailed off into a land that was a lil less exciting.  I don't think all of the features were necessary (though I did like most of them) because Phonte's great and doesn't need any kind of help vocally.  Overall, this was a really good album, and I would definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment