Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Songs of The Day

Our Ages or Our Hearts:  Today's songs are both very somber, which isn't exactly what I would ideally want to listen to today, but they're both so stunning that I no longer care.  I'm really loving Roberta's tone - it's so smooth and beautiful.  The orchestration of this song is really great, everything sounds so pure.  I love the pizicatto strings spread out throughout the song, they provide great texture.   Everyone should definitely listen to this track.


I Told Jesus:  This track has a very similar sound to the preceding track, which normally would bother me, but it works really well.  They flow into one another nicely.  Again, Miss Flack sound astounding.  There's a little more of an effect on her voice on this track, but I think that's just due to it's age and the recording quality.  But whatever, 'cause I like it!  Love the addition of horns on this track.  Great slow build up in this.  Quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment