Friday, April 8, 2011

Songs of The Day

Hey, That's No Way To Say Goodby:  This is a decent song, but I must say, I'm not the biggest fan of the groove goin on here.  It's a little corny for my taste.  It's kind of got a ho-down feel to it that I just can't get down with.  But Roberta sounds great, and I can't hate on that.  I think I would like the track better sans strings.  Yeah, they don't help much on this song.  Decent, but I'm not listening to it a bunch of times.


The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face:  I have some similar feelings about this track.  It's a good track, but the arrangement isn't my favorite.  It doesn't feel corny though, so that's definitely a good thing.  I'm not sure, I'm just not taken with this track very much.  I do dig the bass holdin it down though, nice n simple.  Again, Roberta's an angel, but not my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment