Sunday, April 17, 2011

Songs of The Day

As Ugly As I Seem: I really dig the pure simplicity to this track (acoustic guitar/percussion/voice) - it's very sweet.  That being said, I think the song is a little too long for how simple the song is.  I wish that there would have been a different bridge or something.  Dynamics create build ups at times, but nothing enough to hold my attention.  But aside from that, I think it's a street track.


Red Rain:  I am liking this heavier rock feel they've got going on in this track.  Especially the way it's juxtiposed to the softer initial verses.  This was kind of the feel I was hoping to hear the entire album, but I like that I get it in snippets.  The bring down in the middle is very cool, and it's got a really great build up to it.  Jack's bluesy feel to his guitar sounds really great on this track. You can definitely hear his stylistic influences in this track.  Very cool.

I'm Lonely (But I Ain't That Lonely Yet):  This is a nice soft piano ballad to end the album.  It's got a serious saloon feel to it, but it works aesthetically with the rest of the album.  Jack's got a lil bit of a southern twang in this, which I find amusing, but hey -it works.  He does a nice job of building up the song with dynamics and the phrasing of the piano.  Solid track.

No comments:

Post a Comment