Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Songs of The Day

Lindisfarne I:  This is a very sweet a cappella (until the end) piece.  Normally the auto-tuned effect on his voice would bug me, but it works for this song and his style in general.  I love the harmonies that begin to layer, with the occasional keys accompaniment.  It blends perfectly into part 2.

Lindisfarne II:  I find the drum beat on this pretty interesting, definitely not what you would expect to accompany this guitar/a cappella melody.  It's cool though, I dig it.  The guitar part is the slightest bit too hokey (?) for me... I don't really know how to explain it, but there's something about it that's not as gritty as I would have wanted it to be.  Again, the harmonies are sick, and melodically this is very cool.  Dig it.

Limit to Your Love:  I had actually heard this song prior to this week, and I was immediately reminded of how phat it is.  This is actually a cover of a Feist song (never heard it).  First of all, the hook is great: "There’s a limit to your love/Like a waterfall in slow motion/Like a map with no ocean/There’s a limit to your love."  Dig that.  The only thing I don't like is the stereotypical dubstep echo out of the first hook into the beat dropping.  I just think it's too typical/overused for his style.  The beat that drops is super sick.  The harmonies are super sick.  The piano part is super sick.  This song is super sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment