Monday, May 30, 2011

Week 35: Flying Lotus

So, I think it's about time I listen to Flying Lotus, and for a couple of reasons.  First, I've been hearing his name for a couple of years now, and with a lot of buzz.  Second, this was actually one of the recommended albums by my friend, Linden (that's right, found the suggestion book).  Third, and most important, he just signed my brother, Taylor, to his Brainfeeder label, (click on his name to check out his stuff!!!) so I feel somewhat morally obligated to take a listen.  My boys were playing his stuff the last couple weeks of school, so I've gotten a little preview, but now it's time to dive in.  I really don't know how I'm going to feel about it, because the couple of times I've tried to take a listen, I couldn't get into it, it was a little too electronic for my taste, but that's exactly why I started this blog - to listen to things I wouldn't normally.  Here goes nothin!

No comments:

Post a Comment