Monday, June 6, 2011

Final Grade: B

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this album after my initial reaction a few months back.  Not really the kind of music I listen to on the daily, but I think Flying Lotus really knows what he's doing with his style.  I liked how he was able to take different ethnic genres and blend them into his own alien style to create a whole new feel, I thought that was very cool (and not easy to do).  I also get why some of this stuff sounds familiar - Adult Swim!  I can get down with that.  He's also doing the soundtrack for Tim & Eric's Billion Dollar Movie and I am alllllll about that!  I can also totally see why he signed my brother to his Brainfeeder label, they're a perfect match!  Opening up my mind to different styles... I'll continue to check this brotha out.

No comments:

Post a Comment