Sunday, July 31, 2011

Songs of The Day

When I Go Out:  This groove starts out with only percussion, which have a kind of tribal feel to it that I dig, and they remain there throughout as other elements come in and out.  Yukimi's vocal melody has harmonies the whole time, which I find cool, especially since they're not your standard harmony.  This song doesn't do much for me though.  It's a little long (Yukimi leaves for quite some time, leaving it instrumental before she comes back) and it starts to sound like something out of a bad alien movie (see, there are some alien things I don't like).  There have been cooler grooves, and cooler melodies on this album.  I can do without.

Seconds:  Ritual Union ends on an instrumental track, which is surprising seeing as Yukimi is their seller.   The groove reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.  Maybe the kind of music you would expect to hear in a fantasy video game or something.  I'm not gonna lie, this is a pretty lame way to end this album, especially one that had such a great start.  Ending on an instrumental track isn't a bad thing, but this is and the previous are probably the weakest grooves of the whole album.  Why did you do this to me LD??

No comments:

Post a Comment