Sunday, August 28, 2011

Final Grade: B+/A-

Man, I definitely was in need of some funk this week, and I sure got a good helping of it.  Sly & The Family Stone are some of the originators, and it was great to listen them in their prime.  My mom told me she saw them in concert when she was 19 and that it was one of the best concerts she's ever been to - no surprise there.  I would have loved to have seen them in their prime.  There are some really great tunes on here, I think "Just Like A Baby," "(You Caught Me) Smilin," and "Time" are my favorite tunes, but they're all pretty solid.  "Spaced Cowboy," and "Runnin Away" didn't do much for me, but the rest of the album makes up for them.  These cats really knew how to get down.  Too bad Sly isn't well enough to make appearances anymore.  Great album, will definitely keep listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment