Monday, August 8, 2011

FInal Grade: C

Man, I did not get into this album as much as I was hoping.  Really, it's saving grace was it's beats, but even those were sub-par.  I'd heard so much about how great Curren$y was... maybe I picked the wrong album?  I wasn't very impressed by him lyrically, or by his flow.  He's tone sometimes was too arrogant for me to be able to get into the song, and sometime it just seemed kind of off.  Lots of weed songs - which anyone who knows me knows that that's one of my favorite topics - and they all pretty much said the same thing.  I've heard it before, and I've heard it done better - I think that's my biggest issue.  This isn't going to permanently keep me away from Curren$y, but I'm not gonna be rushing to listen to the rest of his collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment