Saturday, August 6, 2011

Songs of The Day

The Hangover ft Mikey Rocks:  There are elements of this beat that I like, but it needed some edited in my opinion.  It's kind of corny, but is really close to being cool.  Then again, corny isn't that bad with this seeing that the subject matter of this song is just as corny.  What is with the corny hooks on this?  Curren$y sounds lame on this one too.  And Mikey Rocks?  He sounds kind of lazy...  Not feelin it.

The Day ft Mos Def & Jay Electronica:  I can't get down with the muddled effect on the horns in the intro - it makes them sound off and annoying - but once the beat settles, everything sounds much better.  Curren$y's verse is aight, he doesn't sound as annoying as on other songs.  Jay Electronica and Mos' verses (Mos' is more a hook than anything) are good, but there's no surprise there.  Aight.

Prioritize ft Nesby Phips:  This is a decent beat, nothing crazy though.  Nothing about this song really holds my attention.  Every time I've tried to take a listen, I have to start over, because I've missed have the tune.  Nesby's verse is aight.  This whole song is just ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment