Monday, September 5, 2011

Final Grade: B-

I was really hoping this album was going to be better than it was.  For a debut, it's a pretty decent album, but I'm looking forward to seeing what else Thundercat can come up with.  His sound doesn't seem quite settled, but that's not surprising.  Definitely great bass lines going on here, but that's to be expected seeing as Thundercat is a beast bassist.  I don't think he should sing as much as he does.  Maybe is my critical ear being a singer myself, but it wasn't always my favorite thing to listen to.  Sometimes, it'd be a killin groove, and I'd really get into it, and then he'd start singing, and then I wouldn't feel it anymore.  I'm still gonna look out for this cat though, see what he's gonna do with his sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment