Thursday, September 8, 2011

Songs of The Day

Tiger Chain:  Man, this is going to an interesting week.  Completely different than anything I've reviewed, which I guess is a good thing seeing as part of my mission is listening to music I'm unfamiliar with.  I don't really know how to describe the songs.  The first tune is essentially just a lot of noise (including a lot of feedback, which isn't all that pleasant for the ears) before it settles down into any kind of feel.  And I don't even know how to describe the feel.  Can't really understand what the chick is saying.  Even in all it's craziness, I do dig something in all this.

Polly Bee:  I'm glad that this song has more of an identifiable feel to it than the previous - gives your mind a nice lil break.  Blues/rock - I can get down with it.  The instruments are so tough sounding on this, and her voice is so soft - it's a cool contrast, but I do wish she were more present.  It'll take me a couple listens to get used to, but I think I could maybe get used to it. 

Sophie:  Ok, this song kind of scares me.  Very similar to the opening half of "Tiger Chain" in that I have no idea what the fuck is going on.  Honestly, I'm a little scared.  Lots of stuff... lots of stuff.

A-Town Test Site:  Some seriously intense drums start out this thing.  Talk about an attention grabber.  I'm glad they settle down though, all of that would have started to get a little more intense than I probably would have been able to handle.  The riff going on is catchy, but I wish everything didn't sound so harsh.  And why so much intentional feedback?  Hurts the head a little bit.  Again, I'll have to give it a couple listens before I can really settle into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment