Friday, September 9, 2011

Songs of The Day

Gold on Black:  I initially liked the groove that was going on here, but after a while, it starts to get a little more monotonous.  I'm still waiting to hear a song where the vocals are more present, because I think that they're really missing that element.  Another super heavy tune.  They need to lighten up a tad.  Loud all the time isn't that fun.


For Those of Us On Foot:  There really isn't much going on in this song.  It's pretty much bass, and some muddle sounds going on.  It's pretty random.  Oh, and there's a dog barking and growling at the end.  Hmmm...

Gore in Rut:  I dig the opening drum groove, and the groove they settle into, but that's about it for this track.  Why must they put feedback in every single one of their songs?  It's really not that pleasant.  Feedback is not good.  And it's so loud.  All of these songs are starting to sound the same.  That being said, I appreciate that this song isn't all random shit and actually has a recognizable feel to it.

Wheely Freed Speaks to the People:  STOP WITH THE FUCKING FEEDBACK ALREADY!  It's making it difficult to listen to the songs.  I would like this groove better if it weren't so loud, but I guess I'm just gonna have to get used to that because it seems to be their aesthetic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment