Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Songs of The Day

Intro:  I can get down with this intro.  If not for the crazy synth layering they've got going on, then for the fact that they sampled my favorite movie, The Wizard of Oz.  Yup, that "Chromeo, oooh" is most definitely the same as the song the witch's guards sing when the lion, scarecrow, and tin man try to break in to save Dorothy.  Yeah, I can get down with that.

Tenderoni:  This is a pretty funky tune.  Very mid 80s r&b, and seeing that I had a serious 80s phase back in 8th grade, I definitely dig it.  Also, I've only really heard the word "Tenderoni" in a lyrical context in Michael Jackson's "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)," which is one of my favorite MJ tunes.  I also dig how "Tenderoni" is separate and put in that low octave - very cool.  I love the dance groove goin on here, I just wanna boogie.  The melody is super cool and supports the groove really well (and vise versa).  Love the volume bring down, just to bring it right back up.  And who doesn't love a song that ends on cowbell??  Solid as a rock.

Fancy Footwork:  Even though this is the title track, I must say that I prefer the previous tune.  Not to say that I don't find this song funky, because it definitely makes me want to - as the autotuned female says - two step, I just think the previous had a lil extra somethin to it.  The percussion in this is pretty awesome - I can definitely get down.  I wish the vocals were a little more prevalent, and some of the synth seems the tiniest bit crowded, but aside from that, I dig this tune.  These guys definitely know how to get feet movin.  Man, now I just wanna go dance.  Anybody wanna join??

No comments:

Post a Comment