Sunday, October 30, 2011

Songs of The Day

Evil:  Now this is how you start an album.  Talk about groove.  Love the latin feel to the groove, keeps you swayin.  The mbira is incredible on this - really helps make the groove.  Everyone is holding it down - tight, super in the pocket, but what else would I expect from the greats?  Phillip Bailey, as always, sounds incredible on the vocals.  Harmonies are on point.  Solid, solid, solid.

Keep Your Head to the Sky:  This song features female vocalist, Jessica Cleaves.  EWF only had a female vocalist for three years; Sherry Scott 1970 through 72, and Jessica for 73.  This song is sang by both Bailey and Cleaves, but I really couldn't tell you who's who, because they sound insanely similar.  Love the mellow groove, and how it keeps me swayin.  Of course, my favorite part of the song is the a cappella ending.  Great harmonies!  And when it goes to the ladies super high - holy bajesus.  Craziness - I get down with it.


Build Your Nest Build Your Nest:  Funky, funky, yum, yum - that is how I feel about this song.  Just solid funk - nothing too crazy, it just about the groove and the pocket.  I love how they say "build your nest," especially "nest" with no T - they work it.  Groovin.

No comments:

Post a Comment