Monday, November 21, 2011

Final Grade: B-

So, initially, I was definitely thinking I was gonna be able to get into this album and get rid of any preconceived notions I had about Florence + the Machine, but unfortunately, it didn't happen that way.  The beginning of the album definitely had me intrigued.  I was getting into her odd, yodel-like voice against the spacey, eerie, open feels of the grooves, which were maximized in the built up choruses...until that was all it was.  After the first 4 songs, everything started to sound the same, and I couldn't differentiate one song to the next.  I just wanted some stuff to be tighter, and not so open all the time.  The reason for the B- is for the sole fact that I understand why so many people are into this band, and this sound.  It's not my cup of tea, but for what they're going for, Florence + the Machine has it on lockdown.  Gotta respect a band that knows their sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment