Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Songs of the Day

Under African Skies:  You can't help but be happy when listening to this album, and I love that.  Who doesn't wanna feel happy when they're listening to music?  Really dig Linda Ronstadt on harmonies - the female vocal adds a nice warmth to the melody.  Happy music.

Homeless:  This song is pretty incredible.  The group African chanting is really beautiful.  I love how deep the bass vocals resonate - they provide such a great weight.  Love the pick up in the end.  You just gotta listen to it.

Crazy Love, Vol II:  I feel bad that "sweet" is the only adjective that I use for every song, but that's literally the only word I think of.  Dig the guitar parts - nice and light.  The B section is a nice switch up, and I'm happy for that.  I dig this groove, I just wish that it wasn't so similar to the rest.  Not to say that I don't like what is similar between all the songs, I just want a little more variety.  I'm still happy though, so I really can't hate.

That Was Your Mother:  Well, this is a little different.  Very hoedown-like (welcome back the accordion), may be a little too much for my taste.  A little different than what I would have guessed for a groove switch up, but I'll roll with it.  I should probably be in a circle dancing with some folks or something.

All Around the World or the Myth of Fingerprints:  The opening drums to this made me think I was listening to "Take On Me" by a-ha - very similar, but that's the 80s for ya.  I dig the subtlety of the guitar, but I wish the drums weren't so harsh and overshadowing it.  These last two groove switches aren't exactly what I would have put, but they're decent.  It's a little too hokey for my taste, but it may grow on me with a couple more listens.

No comments:

Post a Comment