Saturday, November 19, 2011

Songs of the Day

No Light, No Light:  This song reminds me a lot of the opening tune, but without that fresh sound.  These songs are starting to blend together.  I like that the first verse is low and contrasted by the fullness of the chorus, but I wish the second verse had stayed low instead of continuing the chorus height.  I won't be surprised if I hear this song in a commercial or a trailer or something.  It's ok.

Seven Devils:  Initially, I was into this song, but my excitement didn't last too long.  There's a cool eerie feel to this tune that I dig, which is much thanks to the piano line and the rubbing against the strings.  This is one tune I wish wasn't so open and spacey (like every single song on this album) - I think that would actually help the creepy feel to it.  I'm just yearning for something a little tighter and locked down.  Too long of a track.  *Sigh*

Heartlines:  This is another one I was initially fooled into thinking it was cool.  How could I not with that awesome percussion beat starting it off?  Not really into the synth sound, but luckily it's not in there the whole time.  Like the previous tune, I think this song would have worked better tighter, and not so open and spacey.  I really want to like this song, but I'm kind of bored...

No comments:

Post a Comment