Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Songs of the Day

You're Everything:  What a sweet way to start off the album.  I'm not even gonna front, maybe it's the Fender Rhoades, but this keys intro sounds so much like my brother, Taylor, that it's kind of blowing my mind.  God, do I love the sound of a Fender Rhoades.  I can't get over how vocalist Flora Purim's accent makes it sound like she says "joo" instead of "you" - I love it!  It's adorable.  Dig the jazz pick up with the band.  Sweet flute solo thanks to Joe Farrell.  Sweet breakdown ending.  Dig, dig, dig.

Light as a Feather:  Steady jazz tune right here.  There are a lot of really great things going on in this tune,  too many to name with its eleven minute.  For that reason, I'm gonna end it at this - listen to this song for bass player Stanley Clark.  Holy moly.  That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment