Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Songs of the Day

Children's Song:  The melodic relation to the title of this tune is instant.  Or at least the melody Chick is playing with his left hand.  The main melody is very child-like as well, but it has this slight eeriness to it that makes it a little deceiving - I dig it.  I also really like how simple this song is, which adds to it being a "children's song."  Very sweet.

Spain:  For the Chick fans reading this (which I hope all of you are), you most certainly know this song as it is his most famous.  I saw him play this live two weeks ago, and it was fantastic (but that's no surprise).  I love that this is how they end this album, because it is definitely a closer.  Such a great groove to it, and the melodies are incredible.  The soft, slow intro is such a great start - it really enhances the groove when it picks up.  I love the the unison melodic line with the claps in the back - so sweet.  Everyone kills their solos.  Definitely, definitely chick this one out.  Dig, dig, dig, dig, dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment