Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Final Grade: A/A-

This album is beautiful.  The Roots really knocked it out of the park on this one.  I've been listening to the album all week, and it is great every time.  Something I think makes the album really successful is the timing of the songs.  There are a couple tracks on here, where if they were to have gone on another 30-60 seconds, they would have gotten repetitive, but thanks to the relatively short length of them all I'm left wanting more, not less.  In fact, some criticism I have is that it's too short - ¡necesito más!  It's crazy how
?uest is so constantly in the pocket that he, at times, sounds like a drum machine.  He is a beast of beasts.  Love the orchestral suite at the end.  I didn't like some vocals, but that's just me being a picky vocalist.  Really great stuff, definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment