Friday, January 6, 2012

Final Grade: A/A-

This album was almost perfect.  I'm sure I'll get some shit for there being a minus anywhere near Stevie Wonder's name, but these weren't all my favorite songs of his.  They were all great, especially the first three, but I'm not head over heels with all of them (like I am with Innervisions).  Some of the synth sounds bothered me, but my brother, Taylor, explained to me that Stevie was one of the first to record them, so I like them more knowing they're "test runs."  That and the harmonica on "Girl Blue" are my only criticisms, and that's me being über critical.  "Superwoman (Where Were You When I Needed You)" is a masterpiece.  It seems as though he has absolutely no fear when composing, and it shows.  I love that about him - he takes his music to places you couldn't even imagine.  And his voice is heavenly.  I may actually choose another Stevie for this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment