Saturday, July 14, 2012

Songs of the Day

I listened to this whole album yesterday, and I must say, I'm pretty impressed.  The first five songs - "Start," "Thinkin Bout You," "Fertilizer," "Sierra Leone," and "Sweet Life" - give this album a really strong start.  I really like all of the songs, they bring a new taste that I'm enjoying.  You can definitely hear the Pharrell influence, and I'm a fan of that.  "Thinkin Bout You" is such a great love song, and I bet so many people can relate to that feeling of missing someone, especially someone you love.  The jazz vibe going on in "Sweet Life" is also really refreshing to hear in today's hip hop.  I especially love it's opening line, "the best song wasn't the single, but you weren't either" - pretty good lyricism right there.  Solid foundation.

No comments:

Post a Comment