Sunday, August 5, 2012

Songs of the Day

So, we're at the latter half of the album.  I like that James included some laid back tracks to this album with "Stormy Monday, " "A Man Has to Go Back to the Crossroads," and "Sometime," they're a nice switch from the heavy dance numbers in the first half of the album.  Really dig how subtle, but groovy "I Can't Stand It '76'" is - you can dance to it, or you can sit back and relax, which are both great options.  I don't know if you can help but dance towards the end with it's awesome pick up.  I think "Don't Tell a Lie About Me and I Won't Tell" is probably my favorite track of the day, maybe even of the album.  It was actually the first song I heard off the album that made me want to listen to the rest.  The groove actually seems a little ahead of its time.  The first time I heard it, I thought it was a remix of a James tune.  Way to go, James!  "Papa Don't Take No Mess" is the last song of the album, and the only song I knew before reviewing Hell, it's a classic track at 13:52 minutes long.  Solid all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment