Monday, March 25, 2013

Final Grade: B/B+

JT, you did not let me down with The 20/20 Experience, you certainly did not.  I love that he was able to incorporate old school with new school and everything in between.  Solid album on both JT and Timbaland's part.  I'm also loving the incorporation of The Tennessee Kids, because they are one funky backing band.  There are a few bangers on this album, like "Pusher Love Girl," "Suit & Tie," the B section of "Strawberry Bubblegum," and "That Girl," but I didn't think the album was overall consistent.  I really am not into the final 2 tracks, and there were a couple of others where I felt he was trying too hard to have a different sound, and didn't succeed.  I love the album, no doubt, I just wish he had stuck to the soulfulness that made the opening tracks so hot.  I don't know if any of these songs will have the hit power that "Cry Me a River," or "My Love" had, but these tracks are still pretty solid.  Definitely looking forward to Part II of this album in November.  The fact is, I always have and always will love Justin Timberlake.

No comments:

Post a Comment