Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Songs of the Day

Three more tracks for today's review: "Buzzcut Season," "Team," and "Glory and Gore."
See, "Buzzcut Season" has the kind of four-on-the-floor that I can get down with - it grooves.  This track definitely has a chill feel to it that's catchy.  Another track that is very minimal production-wise, but works.  It's easy to forget that Lorde was only 16 when she made this, which is pretty dope.  This is all her and producer Joel Little, so major props. 
"Team" goes in a little harder than the others so far, which I get down with.  Though I don't think she has the best voice, it works with what she's going for, and it has it's own style.  I can get into it.  I'm not anything that really catches me lyrically, but the melody for the hook is catchy, which is the first thing people are going to catch onto.
I got into it at the beginning with  "You been drinkin like the world was gonna end"  Pretty cool lyric, and "Glory and Gore" is a pretty cool song.  Like "Team," it goes in a little harder than some of the previous tracks, which I dig.  The hook is pretty damn catchy too, "glory and gore go hand in hand, that's why we're making headlines"  And ooooo the B section!  So fucking cool!  I love how it gets into that eerie minor feel - super dope.  Might be my favorite song so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment